Sunday, February 23, 2014

Podastic!


I have never had any experience with pods before class last Wednesday.  I never had bothered to look into what they were or how they were used.  I still am not completely sold on podcasts.  I find them to be a bit bland and a boring way to present information especially with all the other options available today.  You could create a and post a mini video episode.  I am a very visual person and I did not like only being able to listen to podcasts.  I would rather watch a video on Youtube of the exact same information but at least be able to see the person presenting the information.  Hopefully in the next week or so I will learn the benefits of podcasts and my opinion will be changed!

1 comment:

  1. I feel very similar. I don't really like them, though I can see many benefits. Listening to presentations on a mobile player while riding the bus, while walking the dog, or driving in the car. Thinking about these possibilities, all of which do require personal equipment to play, I am forced to consider that my view point may be bias. Do I dislike them because I wouldn't like making one or because I don't think they are worth the students time? hmmmm, now I have something to ponder myself.

    ReplyDelete